Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Transfers & New Golden - 6/23/14


Cool old train in Triberg (middle of the Black Forest)

Triberg Falls - Elder Ridd and Elder Plumb
Triberg


Elder Cavin und Ich
Triberg Falls - Elder Ridd & Elder Plumb

Guten Morgen Mütti! Hey Vater!
Life is going good in Schwenningen! I am doing well! The week was definitely pretty exciting! It was tons of fun and I love traveling to Munich and seeing all the awesome missionaries that I have known from the MTC and also from serving in the field. My new companion is Elder Wilkins, from Sandy, Utah. He has one younger brother who is about 13 years old. He just graduated high school before he came out here, so it is his first time really leaving home. He is pretty confident with his German, meaning he isn’t afraid to speak it. It was way sad to see Elder Plumb leave. He is a champ and I miss him already, but you know - mission life goes on. I am sure I can grow and serve with the companion I have now, so I am not too sad about it. E Plumb and I are convinced we will be able to serve together sometime in the future. We are both still young on our missions, so we will for sure see each other again.

This week, teaching-wise wasn’t the best, due to the fact that we had member appointments all of Monday and Tuesday for Elder Plumb (actually on Wednesday morning as well), then I headed to Munich on Wednesday, and Thursday I had training meetings and then got back at night. So our missionary work really started on Friday. We had a service project helping in a member’s garden, and then we got to teach Herr K for Elder Wilkins’ first lesson in the field. It went rather well! Then on Saturday we did service again - we got to move a member’s friend, and then we did weekly planning. So not too much teaching this last week, but we did teach Frau B this morning and had a great lesson. The other Elders were our Joint teach, so it was really good.

Yeah, all the introduction to the ward is over! E. Wilkins got to give his testimony and that went really well! I didn't teach a class or speak this week, but I will actually get to go to a school with Elder Abd El Moeti this week on Friday.  We get to speak to a full class about our religion, and after they will get to ask both of us questions about our church. So that will be pretty cool!

The cuckoo clock place was way cool! I definitely enjoyed it a lot. Today we will go to Rottweil and take some pictures of some pretty cool churches. That will be fun! Yes, we get to watch two games (World Cup). Naturally, we will be watching Germany vs. US this Thursday. We will actually be watching it with the ward in the ward building - haha. We watched one this last week with a member, Germany vs. Portugal, and Germany just walloped Portugal 4-0. 

Love you tons! Thanks so much for all you do. You are the best!!!!! I miss you tons as well! The time flies, and we will get to Skype again before you know it! June is already almost over!

Mit meiner Liebe,
Elder Ridd
Cuckoo Clocks!



My District - Last District Meeting while I was DL
Good-bye, Elder Plumb
Elder Ridd and his new "son" - Elder Wilkins
(E. Wilkins just arrived in the mission from the MTC, and Elder Ridd is his trainer)
"Extended Family Photo" - Not direct line....from left to right...
Elder Wilkins (my son); Elder Ridd; Elder Badders (my stepdad);  Elder Kelly (Elder Badders' dad)
Mission "Family Photo"  - Elder Wilkins (my new "son");  Me;  Elder Stilger (my "dad") 
Me and Sister Wunderli from Tübingen!
 Me & Sister Siems (from my District)

No comments: