Tuesday, August 12, 2014

"The Field is White" - 8/11/14



Oh hello, old Ferrari


Rottweil
Elder Ridd & Elder Albrecht, working together on an exchange
Triberg
Cuckoo clock bed
Hey Mama!
I am doing great today - it is kind of rainy! But all is good because we are planning on kind of taking a relaxing day. 

The missionary work is awesome! We are hitting high goals that we are setting, and then shooting even higher. This week we have really high goals, but I believe that we will hit them all. So we are definitely excited to work way hard! And all is well - I won't get a hernia. Mom, remember that I lifted heavy things before my mission for fun? S and Frau B were both in Church this week again so I got to sit between two investigators again - it was awesome! This next week we are hoping that we can get even more investigators to come to church. It would be really cool if I could just start assigning members to friendship investigators.

We did not get to meet with the guy from NY yet. He was still in Spain when I called him last; he should be back this week, and I am thinking we will get the opportunity to teach them for sure. He said how much he wants us to come by and meet with his family when we met him, so we are excited. 

We did teach others as well. I had an exchange with Elder Albrecht (the new golden) and we went to Rottweil. We taught a potential named M, who is now a baptismal candidate and a new investigator! Yay! He agreed to be baptized on the 21st of September if he finds out that our religion is true by then. He really thinks that he can. Something cool about him is that when we were getting to know him and talking about what he likes to do, he said. “I am really interested in your religion; can you tell me more about Jesus now?” He is Muslim, but wants to be a Christian - so that's awesome! We also found 7 other people and gave out 5 Books of Mormon on our exchange, and we have various appointments throughout this week with these people. We have one appointment tonight, and we are also hoping to set a baptismal date!

We also got to go to Switzerland this week and visit a baptism for the Bad Säckingen Elders in our district. They do not have a font, so it was in a ward called the Pratteln ward. It was a really good service, and we are excited to have Frau B get baptized. The other elders, Elders Cavin and Albrecht, have a baptism this Sunday for their investigator whose name is J, and we are hoping Frau B will be there to watch it. 

I had a district assignment from Elder Cavin last week on a scripture in Doctrine and Covenants, Chapter 4. I talked on how the field is white and ready to harvest….or, "Das Feld ist schon weiß, zur Ernte bereit." And - how God is preparing people for us to baptize, and we are not just here to plant seeds. I talked about Jeremiah 16:16 as well. 

We have Zone Training and interviews this week, so it will be a busy one! We have Zone Training on Tuesday and interviews with President on Saturday. Fun! German is going great! I understand about everything, but sometimes I will ask about what a few words mean. But it is pretty dang easy to say what I need to say and tell stories all in German now. So all is good there.

That is really weird about 10 months now. Next transfer I will hit my year mark. The time just goes faster and faster!

I love you too, Mama! Thanks for all you do for me and our family. You are the best! Hope you have an excellent week.
Love,
Elder Ridd
Church in Villingen

Rottweil
Our new cuckoo clock, courtesy of Elder Ridd!

No comments: