Monday, October 13, 2014

HUMP DAY! 10/13/14

Elder Ridd will celebrate his 1-year mark of missionary service (aka HUMP DAY) on October 17!
He received a fun package from home. 


Rathous in Donaueschingen (City Hall)
Guten Morgen, Mom & Pops! 
I am doing great today! I hope you are doing good as well. This week was pretty fun and it flew past!

Thanks so much for the packages and Hump day wishes. You are the best ever. They totally made the week amazing and I am so grateful for such a wonderful family! And it is so weird to think that I have been away from the fam for a year now... Pretty nuts! You sure can't stop the time from flying by.

Everything worked out great with the packages. I came home from Zone Conference and there was a note in the mailbox saying that the neighbor got them. We went over and he gave us the packages and yeah. So all worked out perfectly. And everything in the package was awesome. The other elders send their thanks! 

Hahah, you and your connections....Yeah, I had a migraine last Tuesday. I slept for awhile and Frau B brought me all sorts of things so that I could get better faster. I felt better after I got some sleep, so that was good. I kinda forgot to tell you - haha - whoops.

That is pretty crazy that there is now a stake in The Woodlands! I don't know who the President or the first counselor is, but that is really cool about Pres. Sorensen! And that is awesome that President Tolman is still the SP over in Spring. Sounds like it was a pretty good Stake Conference. That is pretty weird that I will come home to a new stake!

The investigators are doing okay. We haven't actually had contact with R for the last week, which is kind of sad! But I got to teach a new investigator (for the other elders) this last week. I was on Tausch with Elder Albrecht in his area and we taught a guy named K and now he is investigating. So that was pretty cool. Elder Cavin and Elder Albrecht went back later and found out that he was illegal, so he can't get baptized. But he is working on getting citizenship and working, so maybe something will come out of it. Elder Wilkins and I taught an old investigator named A this week. He is cool but he has a hard time understanding German, so we have been using his phone as a translator, which has been interesting.

I actually have heard from Doctor S, which is awesome! He is doing well and is still meeting with the missionaries. He is still in Tübingen, but is planning on leaving for China at the end of this month. I told him I think I will get transferred and he remembered that I wanted to go to Austria eventually - haha - so he said he would pray that I will go to Austria. He is way awesome. He also said he can't wait for me to visit him sometime. He says all is well with himself and the family!

Zone Conference on Wednesday was really good. We went down to Winterthur, Switzerland and President talked to us about "who we are." As servants of the Lord and stems from the tribe of Israel, we have the responsibility to share this Gospel with the world. He related us to a cruise ship. We are the workers on the ship that sails from pre- mortal life to post-mortal, and sometimes we see the tourists and we want to join them as it looks appealing to us and also looks easier. But we need to always remember that we are the workers on the ship and that God has given us so many blessings. He reminded us as well that we are being paid for this work. The fact that we have the knowledge of the Gospel is the biggest blessing (payment). We need to always remember who we are and that we are in the service of our Lord and our fellow brothers and sisters on this earthly sojourn. It was a great meeting! President is inspired and for sure the man for the job. He also moved transfer calls to the 22nd of October. That is next Wednesday. The transfer day is the Tuesday afterward.

That is pretty cool and interesting about the Meet the Mormons movie. Sounds pretty good! That would be cool if they would allow us to watch it. 

The scripture study is going great. I am in Samuel in the Old Testament at the moment, and I am in Alma in the Book of Mormon. Elder Cavin gave me a district assignment on Obedience for tomorrow, so I have been preparing a small presentation about it for the meeting. I did also get your letter (the one sent separately from the package). Thanks a ton, Mama! I am going to write you back today :)

One of the quotes that has helped me from As A Man Thinketh is "Thoughts of doubt and fear never accomplish anything and never can. They always lead to failure. Purpose, energy, power to do, and all strong thoughts begin to cease when doubt and fear creep in."  Thanks for the book. You are my hero, Pops!

Thank you, Mama and Pops, for all that you do for us kids. Sometimes we don't always see why you make certain decisions or why we can't do certain things, but I see now that all the things that you do are only to protect us! You are the best! And I love you so much! I hope you have an amazing week! I know I will.
Love you tons,
Elder Ridd
The "Traditional" Ridd Hump Day Pillowcase creation!

Elders Albrecht, Wilkins, Ridd, Cavin, new member "J" & the Familie J

No comments: