Monday, May 4, 2015

Real Men Wear Lederhosen - 5/4/15

Elder Ridd, in his new Lederhosen!
Elder Ridd and Elder Bates
Elder Ridd and Elder Walker, on exchange
"Aladdin pants"- with Elder Martinez (on exchange)
Hey!
This week was really good! A lot has happened in my life this last week. On Tuesday we had a District Meeting in Esslingen, and that went well. The next day we had our District Meeting in Stuttgart, and then exchanged with Esslingen. I worked with Elder Walker and that was a ton of fun. He is in his first transfer so it was really cool to work with him. His German is excellent; it is hard to believe he is new on the mission. We had a lot of appointments fall out, but we got to find a ton of people. We set personal records for amount of people found in one day! So that was really good! We also made some sweet appointments. The next day we exchanged back, and right after went on exchange with the Assistants. They came to Stuttgart so we got to work in our area, which is always nice. We loaded up with appointments. I was with Elder Packer on exchange, and we had a ton of fun. He has been Assistant for 5 transfers now. It was a really good exchange. 

The B family is still scheduled for baptism on the 16th of May. They will for sure make it. We taught them every lesson now, and we actually already had their baptismal interview and all is a go. So we are way excited about that! Not every day that a family of 4 gets baptized here, not even every year in the mission! That day there will be 5 baptisms: 4 convert and one non-convert. The little girl being baptized, P, asked me to baptize her! Bishop will be baptizing the B family. So, really cool news! It has been an answer to my prayers that the B family is getting baptized. Prayer works wonders! 

The B family came to church on Sunday, as well as our friend, KD. We had 3 less-actives we are working with who also attended meetings, so that is amazing. One of them brought a non-member friend with him too.

I did buy my Lederhosen. Pics will come; they are sweeeet! The shirt fits me perfectly as well, so I am really happy with the buy. Every night I have been changing into them and then doing calls and planning - haha. 

Sadly, I don’t have any pics of Elder Bednar. We were asked to not photograph him - or approach him weirdly. (Haha, it was really funny).

This next week will also be pretty busy...two more exchanges and Mission Leadership Council, so Elder Ringger and I will be headed to Munich. Today we are not doing too much. We will be getting inspected this week, so we need to do some cleaning. It is hard when a ton of missionaries sleep over (because of exchanges with the Zone Leaders).

I love you too! Thanks for the great email! You are the best! I cannot believe that it is already time to Skype again. Man, time flies. 
Love,
Elder Ridd
Frühlingsfest 

Ferris Wheel Selfie! Elders Ringger, Wilkins and me 
(note from TR: not sure who Elder #3 is!)
"You know I rode that ride!"
Elder Martinez

No comments: